[jimtcl] Git untracked file examples.api/Makefile

Antonio Borneo borneo.antonio at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 23:26:17 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM R. Diez <rdiezmail-openocd at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am working in an OpenOCD sandbox, which includes jimtcl as a Git submodule.
>
> Whenever I run "git status" at top level, I get this message:
>
> Changes not staged for commit:
> [...]
>    modified:   jimtcl (untracked content)
>
> When I change into jimtcl/ and run "git status", I get:
>
> $ git status
> HEAD detached at fb923fa
> Untracked files:
>    (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
>          examples.api/Makefile
>
> Is jimtcl perhaps missing that file in its .gitignore?

It is one of the issues in jimtcl 0.80.
It is already fixed by jimtcl commit
e439b71424892f59fd2f1e0bfe42daf1c1bf8ed2 (".gitignore: add generated
file /examples.api/Makefile") that will be in jimtcl 0.81, expected
around September.
If the bug annoys you, you can take the OpenOCD patch
http://openocd.zylin.com/6226/ that uses the latest jimtcl from the
development branch, where all the fixes are already available.
Actually, it would be good if you can test 6226 and add your +1. I
would like to merge it so we all switch to test jimtcl pre-0.81 and we
anticipate any possible problem.

Regards,
Antonio